The Netherlands is the 17th country I’ve visited on my quest to #20under20. I stayed in a hostel in the Red Light District (so scandalous!) in the beautiful city of Amsterdam. I completely fell in love with this city because of its well-natured people, beautiful parks, and endless fun. Instead of giving you a play-by-play, I’ve decided just to have a list of everything I saw and the things I recommend you see too!
- Find any place to eat a Dutch pancake. They are giant and delicious.
- Tour the Amsterdam Canals, they’re hard to miss.
- Dam Square, there was a very fun carnival with amazing food.
- Anne Frank House
- I Amsterdam Sign
- Vincent Van Gogh Museum
- Blushing, a really cute and healthy cafe filled with great food.
- Vondelpark, absolutely beautiful
- Dutch apple pie; if you look for it, you’ll find it
- And of course, The Red Light District
I had a great weekend with two of my friends that go to my university. I recommend visiting all of these places in Amsterdam as well as trying the food. If you are a bike rider, it is one of the most bike-friendly cities I have ever been to. Don’t be afraid to get lost in this city, it’s not too big and everywhere is beautiful so you won’t be disappointed.
Tips for the Trip: Do not take an Uber on Sunday mornings because they charge a surge price which can triple the original cost of your ride. Sometimes a taxi is cheaper!